Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And, it continues. . . . .so, Danny gets dragged away and we have these crazy lightning storms on Monday. . .and lightning strikes the tree in my neighbors yard, ripping the tree in two, and half fell on the Electric, Cable and Phone lines leading to my house. I didn't notice, until my an hour after I got home, I went to take out the recycling, and noticed the mess. I called the 'non emergency number" since there is a day care right behind my house and there were power lines on the grou nd. So, the fire department and police show up .. . manually turn off my power, and block the street and assess the situation, and they call Virginia Dominion Power and tape off my backyard, as if it was a crime scene.

Yeah, see the comedy? US Marshalls invade my house THEN I get my drive way blocked off my crime scene tape. . ."what must the neighbors think!?" is all I can think. So, I get home yesterday, still no power. . .lines still on the ground. . .and I call, again. "Umm, there are live wires on the ground and I am up against a day care center! Think of the children! Downed power lines and children is a recipe for disaster!" Well, that got them and by the time I was headed home from dinner, there they were re-attaching the power line. Yay!

Ok, the cable and phone lines are still lying in my back yard. . .that's no THEIR problem. I have Fios. ..a little box that controls everything. . .I don't care about the other lines, but I don't want them litering my backyard. What to do?

Email me any suggestions :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark in DE said...

Good grief... perhaps you should start going to church!

Mark :-)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home