Monday, October 06, 2008

Well, my hell year just keeps getting better and better.



As if I didn't have enough going on, I had the misfortune of getting rearended by a Metro Bus on my way home from work on Friday. Good times, good times. . .although my car is still drivable, it breaks my heart that my first brand new car only remained brand new for 3 months. . .ugh! I have blogged before about my unbelievable bad luck, but this is getting ridiculous!



Weekend was pretty good, nothing too exciting to report. Saw an amazing production of 110 Degrees in the Shade out at Kensington Arts Theater. I must say the performances were amazing, not that I am surprised. I had never heard the music before and was really impressed with the melodies and the fun of the music. I was truly proud of the cast for a fantastic production.



The boy has finally secured an apartment, which he is moving into late November/Early December. I am so torn as to whether I am relieved or bummed about this. I have been having a hard time maintaining the fact that he is 19, not looking for a relationship, maintains a restaurant schedule of sleeping most of the day, and hanging out until the wee hours, and is trying to meet people and make friends in DC. Intellectually, I know that I have, yet again, attached myself emotionally to someone that does not desire my affections. Physically, yeah we are having lots of fun, but its the expectations that I have that leave me constantly weepy and sad. It is what it is, I knew that from the beginning, but somehow thought I could handle it. . .but the fact remains I am keeping myself in a situation where I am unable to open up to the possibility of a relationship with someone who is looking for the same thing. Most people have their nights of passion with younger men, then move on. . mine moved in!



I do it to myself, and I have no business lamenting on that fact. I accepted him into my life, I allow him to come and go as he pleases. I set these expectations that will never be met. Perhaps its time for a time out for me from the stress of the job, the lack of artistic release, lack of sleep. My bosses tell me that I will be getting a break between gigs. . .oh, which reminds me. . .my next gig! I received an email from my boss last week stating that my next gig will finally allow me to travel to places other than Baltimore. Specifically San Diego and Ann Arbor, MI. It is a 6 month gig, and during those six month, I will be travelling 1 week a month to San Diego, 1 week a month to Ann Arbor then working from home the other two weeks a month. Not too shabby. This is the test of whether I am able to do this or not. I am looking forward to the challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home