Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Year Dawns!

So, now that things have calmed down and I can gain some perspective on things, I am ready to start anew this 2009. As you have read, 2008, not such a good year for me. Now I have the chance to make things good again. I finished my hell project, and have the ability to rest and relax until March 1st, when my next project starts. My boss is signing me up for training classes, not sure where yet, but am hoping to0 get some travelling in. Don't know what my next assignment will be, but am hoping for 1) Non Government 2) travel. I didn't give up acting to drive back and forth to Baltimore!

The home life is good. The boy is still with me, and our friendship is becoming pretty tight. Its tough, I would love to bring him out and about with me, meet more of my friends, but being 19, the options are limited. Having someone to cuddle with, and spend time with, go to dinner and such has made me lax in my quest to find love in DC, but they always say it happens when you are not looking. ..well fate, I am not looking, lay it on me! :)

I am focusing on making some positive changes in my life. Having 2 months off of work could play out quite badly for me and my party boy ways, and I am focusing on not letting that happen, on reading more, working out more and having more intimate gatherings of movies and games rather than beer and whiskey fests. Fear not, I am not going to get all lame and what not, just need to grab the reins and reflect on the crappy situations partying has gotten me into and how to deflect those situations in 2009.

All and all, I hope to bring more smiles than "awww's" in my blog and hope to make some awesome memories this year. Happy New Year all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home