Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Columbus Day!!

What a weekend! Got to see some of my friends shine in their show, Pirates of Penzance at TAP. Its a good production, and can I just say Chris Thorn and Rene Moyer are just amazing! Cool set, mostly cool staging. I am not a big fan of the show, but I found myself giggling at some parts (ok, one of the parts was purely accidental when one of the actor's sword broke and flew off into the back of the stage. . hahahahahaaha!), but the final scenes of Act 2 really made it worth seeing. So silly! I always get a warm feeling inside when I see my friends up on stage, especially to see my beautiful friends Kristen and Amanda dressed as woman and lookin hawt!!

Saturday I actually had a date, a DATE! It was glorious! We got together at his place, I brought flowers and wine, and he made me a delicious dinner. We sat and chatted for a few hours and he decided he wanted to go out for a drink. Having just heard from the crew that they were at a bar in Arlington, I asked if would be up for that. He responded with an exuberant YES! I had shown him pics of Amsterdam and Rome, and he was excited to meet my friends in person. So, off we went for ONE drink, I order us up some margarittas, and good lord, was delivered two enormous glasses! More like 3 drinks in one!! So we hung out and after finishing our drinks, headed back to my place.

Sunday, brunch at Freddies. I was impressed with the assortment of food. Normally $15.00, but I had won free brunch for two, so we got away with simply tipping. . hooray! They had everything from huge waffles, made to order omlettes, eggs benedict, steak, chicken, pork, kabobs, salad, soup, fruit, and free mimosa to boot! (just one comes free but. . still). Then rehearsal. . .and sheesh am I sore. I can not get over the fact we ran the entire show, and it ran about an hour. . .ONE hour! LOL! That's not including transitions in and out of scenes, but what a short little show! Hooray!

Can't wait for pay day, pay some bills and actually have spending money again! I am trying, (its about time, I know), to formulate a budget to get myself back on track with bills and stuff, and still give myself enough spending money to not whine about being broke, or forcing myself into exile because of funds. We'll see how that goes. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home