Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Saturday, the big Day at Magic Kingdom! Hooray!

We started out Saturday getting picked up at the Resort, and heading to breakfast. After breakfast we went to the Magic Kingdom. We started out watching the show at Cinderella's Castle. . .and we were told that there is a drinking game that goes along with the song they sing. Any time you hear the word "Dream" you had a drink. As I listened I was honestly sickened at the number of times "Dream" was used, and told him that I don't think I would make it through a single verse, never mind the entire song!! After the show, we made our way towards Space Mountain, our friend asked if I could see what the wait time was for the ride, as I squinted and stared at the sign, I neglected to notice the family of ducks that was crossing in front of me, nor the little girl that was cooing over the baby ducks, just as I was about to cross their path, JR grabs my shoulder and says "Duck", naturally I think something is flying out me, so I flinch and kicked out with my right foot, catching one of the baby ducks with my foot and sending it bouncing away. Fear not, the duckling merely bounced a couple of feet and ran off to join its family. The little girl however was HORRIFIED that I had kicked the duck, and began to cry. Nice, way to scar the little girl at Disney. So, away from Space Mountain we went. We stopped and got a fast pass for the Buzz Lightyear ride, and headed to Frontier land.

We walked around Frontier land, and I had my eyes peeled to try to get some pictures of the Gay Bears with the Country Bears, but alas I was not so lucky to lay my eyes upon that site. . woulda been a fun picture though :-) In Frontier land we met up with another Disney cast member, and rode the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ride and the jungle cruise, which was pretty funny! The tour guide was very punny. . . she made me laugh. After the Jungle cruise, we made our way back to Future land, where we went on the Buzzlightyear ride, then onto Space Mountain! Hooray! At long last I finally got ride!! After a quick lunch in Futureland, we headed to Main Street for the parade. We met up with more Disney Cast Members, and hopped a squat near the end of the parade route. It was so much fun to be able to enjoy the parade with cast members who knew people in the parade, and have lots of characters come right up to us. Hooray!! After the parade, we walked over to Disney's Contemporary Resort and had some drinks, then it was back to the Resort for some downtime.

After relaxing for a bit, we headed over to TGI Fridays to meet up with a couple of our Disney friends, had a couple of drinks then off to MGM for the big festivities, the One Mighty Weekend party. We arrived, and headed straight over to the stadium where they old the Lights, Motors Action show. We settled into the seats and prepared outselves for the hilarious Kathy Griffin. She started out really funny, and as the show progressed, the speakers suddenly went out, and we could no longer hear what she was saying. So we started chanting louder, louder, louder. . .until they were able to fix the audio problems. From that point on, it seemed to have thrown her and she seemed to lose track of what she had been talking about. We hung out in the stadium until they had cleared the rest of the park of familes, then we were let loose onto MGM Studios! First stop, the Tower of Terror. Now, being that my Disney friend worked in the park, we were able to skip over all the lines, and enter from the back. Woohoo! I was SO happy to have made these friends, not only were they awesome to hang out with, but these kind of perks definately helped make it a fantastic experience! So, through the back door and onto the ride. What a fun ride! Hooray! So, we meet back up with JR, and we get some drinks and hang out for a bit. .then off to Rock n' Roller Coaster! We convinced JR to ride with us, and he did. . and he was fine! So, after that we walked around and headed to the Star Wars Ultimate Thrill Ride, which was meh. . just ok. Oh, yeah, did I mention on top of Gay Days weekend, it was also the start of Weekends? So, we had the Gays and the Stars Wars freaks coexisting in the same park. . but I digress. After the Star Wars ride, we headed back to Tower of Terror for another ride, this time with JR. "Not Bad", he says after we forced him into going on it.

After that, we decided to ride the Rock n' Roller Coaster shirtless! Not quite sure why we thought that would be fun, but meh. . it was fun! I even bought the picture! When we emerged, Donna Summer was on, so we headed back down to catch her show. She's still quite good! Then the fireworks display. I almost creamed myself when I hear, coming out of the Speakers. . .XANADU! Hooray!!! Excellent fireworks display!! After that, the show was pretty much done, so we decided to head out. I said my good byes to my awesome new friends at Disney and headed back to the Resort. I left the next morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home